|Question 1:||What features are offered through Gmail? |
Your Student email account will be available to you as long as you want it. Use it even after leaving CMC. It includes these features:
- Easy-to-use Gmail interface.
- 6 gigabytes of email storage.
- Google search engine.
- Instant messaging.
- Google calendar.
- Virus and spam protection.
- Integration with other mail clients.
- Forwarding capabilities to other external Internet service providers.
- Accounts terminated after 9 months of inactivity without the need for you to take action.
|Question 2:||How do I sign up for a student email address?|
All students enrolled in credit courses will automatically be assigned a CMC student email address. Please allow 48 hours after you register for classes for your student email account to be active.
To get your email login ID, which is the same as your WebAdvisor ID, please visit webadvisor.coloradomtn.edu; select "Student"; and then select "I'm New to WebAdvisor"
If you have a dual or hyphenated last name, your username will be based on your entire name, i.e. jjones-smith for John Jones-Smith.
Your default password is the last six digits of your Social Security number. If you do not have an SSN, the password will be your 7-digit CMC Student ID number found on your registration billing statement and other documentation provided to you at registration.
If you have reset your password and forget what it is, contact the CMC Service Desk at 970-947-8438 or 866-642-0495 to request it be reset.
|Question 3:||How do I access GMail?|
- Go to the MyCMC Student Portal to set up your CMC Gmail account.
- To Login: Enter your username fond in WebAdvisor (see instructions in Question 1) and password (last 6 numbers of your SSN) Click "Login."
- Click on "Gmail" in Student Toolbox.
- Type the characters you see in the captcha prompt.
- Type the characters you see in the captcha prompt
- If you agree to the terms of service, click "I accept. Create my account."
|Question 4:||Can I forward my CMC email to another email account?|
You may choose to forward your CMC email to another external Internet service provider (ISP), if you choose. For example, if you have an AOL or Hotmail account, you can use it to receive your CMC email.
See Forwarding Instructions
|Question 5:||Are student email addresses secure?|
|Question 6:||Can I get copies of other students' addresses?|
|Answer: ||No. In order to maintain security, privacy, and address accuracy, students only have access to their own email address. Electronic lists of addresses will not be provided.|
|Question 7:||How do I change my email address and password?|
Students can not change their email address.
Students can change their email password by contacting the CMC Service Desk at 970-947-8438 or 866-642-0495.
|Question 8:||Can I get my name removed from college distribution lists?|
No. Because emails from faculty and staff contain important College business, there is no provision to "opt out."
|Question 9:||How long is my CMC email account active?|
If you fail to log in to your account for a period of nine months, your account will be deactivated.
The only thing you need to access GMail is a computer, access to the Internet and browser software such as Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari.
- If you are unable to log in to Gmail or MyCMC, contact your nearest CMC site for your email username or contact the CMC Service Desk at 970-947-8438 or 866-642-0495.
- If you are able to log into Gmail but are having trouble with Gmail student email account, use the online help accessed through the "Help" link found at the bottom of your Gmail home page. If that does not answer your questions, use the contact information provided on your Gmail account site for assistance.
- If you forget your personalized password, contact the CMC Service Desk at 970-947-8438 or
CMC Email Guidelines and Policies
Guidelines for Using Student Email at CMC - For Students
Provides general guidelines for use of your student email account and links to other policies and procedures related to student email use.
Student Email Policy
Sets forth the rights and responsibilities of both Students using GMail and the providers of electronic mail for Students.
Access Gmail for CMC Students