How to Use WebMail for CMC Staff and Faculty
All CMC staff are given an email account with access through Microsoft Outlook.
How can you access your email?
- In the Office Thru Microsoft Outlook - on your office computer
- At Home Thru the Internet - on your office laptop or your own computer
- CMC Adjunct Faculty Thru the Internet - on your own computer, through your CMC laptop (as applicable) and through the computer labs at CMC.
What are the benefits?
- Access your email and all other Microsoft Outlook functions including your calendar anytime and any place.
- Receive important information and announcements including registration dates, deadlines, cancellation of courses and emergency information.
- Account information is also used for Blackboard and WebAdvisor.
|Question 1:||What features are offered through WebMail? |
- Access to your email, calendar and other Microsoft Outlook features
24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Virus and spam protection.
- Integration with other mail clients.
|Question 2:||How do I sign up for WebMail?|
If you have a CMC email address, you are automatically provided a WebMail account.
|Question 3:||How do I access WebMail?|
WebMail Access Screen
Enter your username. If you do not know your username, it is the name used for your CMC email address. Typically, it is the first initial of your first name followed by your last name. For common names, however, this username may already have been taken. In this case, your username will be the first initial of your first name, the first initial of your middle name and your last name. If you have a dual or hyphenated last name, your username will be based on the last part of your last name, i.e., jsmith for John Jones-Smith.
sserendipity - first initial first name/last name
jasmith - first initial first name, first initial middle name/last name
Enter your password.
FIRST TIME USERS: If accessing WebMail for the first time, enter the last 6 digits of your Social Security Number.
If you don't have a Social Security Number, contact the Technology Service Desk at 970-947-8438 or 866-642-0495 to determine what the "First Time" password will be set to.
After entering this password, you will be prompted to reset it. Use no less than 6 characters, combining letters and numbers for a more secure password. Although you can use a large number of characters for your password, remember to make the length manageable so that it can be easily remembered when returning to WebMail to log in.
NOTE: When first accessing webmail, if your username and/or password do not work, contact the Technology Service Desk at 970-947-8438 or
866-642-0495 for assistance.
|Question 4:||How do I change my e-mail address and password?|
You can not change your CMC email address.
Contact the Technology Service Desk at 970-947-8438 or 866-642-0495 to have your email password reset.
The only thing you need to access WebMail is a computer, access to the Internet and browser software such as Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari.
Questions regarding your WebMail account should be directed to the Technology Service Desk at
970-947-8438 or 866-642-0495.
Guidelines for Using Student Email at CMC - For Faculty and Staff
Provides general guidelines for use of student email account.
General Computer and Information Systems Policy, November 2006
To establish a policy to ensure the proper use of the Colorado Mountain College ("CMC" and the "College") computer and telecommunications resources and services by its employees, contractors, and other associates.
Go to WebMail for CMC Faculty and Staff