Generic Video Check-out Policy
The following is a generic CMC video check-out policy. It may vary from site to site, campus to campus. If you are planning on using teleweb course video and/or cassette tapes, please be aware of the following:
- You may make arrangements to watch or listen to tapes in the CMC building during our office hours, or you may check tapes out.
- If you check tapes out of the building, you may only keep them until the following work day (or 24 hours). You may not immediately renew tapes, but must wait at least twenty-four hours before checking out the same tape again.
- You must provide the following information each time you check out a tape: your name, a phone number where you can be easily reached, the course name, and the lesson or tape number you are checking out.
- Upon returning the tape, please be sure a CMC staff number checks it in for you. If you do not check it in, and it is missing later, you could be fined.
- Penalty fees are as follows: $1.00 per day per late tape. The charge for lost or damaged tapes is $15.00 per tape. Unpaid fines will be used to withhold a student's grades until they are paid.
As we have had an increase in overdue and missing tapes, we ask that you please read this form carefully and return the following signed acknowledgement before you borrow any tapes. Please be aware that penalty fees will be charged to your CMC account for late, damaged, or lost tapes. You will not be allowed to use these tapes until you have submitted this form to the CMC office. THANK YOU!
You may also be required to sign a statement including some or all of the above policies, with the below, indicating you are willing to take responsibility for the video you check out.
"I understand that I must return all CMC video and audio tapes to the college office by the work day after I have signed them out. I am aware that I will be charged for late, damaged, or lost tapes checked out in my name. My phone number may be released to other students needing a tape I have signed out, should that tape be overdue. I am also aware that I may be required to view tapes only in the CMC building during office hours should I keep tapes longer than the time allowed."